February 7th Community Updates
Posted By rfigley on February 10, 2020
We hope that you had a great week! There are a few updates that we have for you this week.
Window Washing Updates
The hard water removal in the North Tower is going really well! The windows are coming out nicely. We are removing all of the hard water stains on the North Tower during this cycle and will remove all of the hard water in the South Tower during the next cleaning in April.
Once all of the windows are cleaned, we will lower the davits on both roofs.
The elevator project is going very smoothly. There are a few important dates that we want to let you know about.
- Friday, March 13th – The elevator cabs for the 01/02 and 05/08 stacks are due back in-service.
- Friday, March 13th – Both service elevators will be taken out of service for the day for minor adjustments.
- Monday, March 16th – The elevator cabs for the 03/04 and 06/07 stacks will be taken out of service. mgm
- Saturday, March 21st – Crane Day. The remainder of the old elevators will be craned off of the roof, and the final set of elevators will be craned up. Fifth Avenue will be closed beginning at 6:00 am.
- Friday, July 3rd – The elevator cabs for the 03/04 and 06/07 stacks are estimated to be back in service.
The schedule above is subject to changes.
New Fob Readers
The service elevators were the first to receive the updated fob reader from the manufacturer of those devices. The new reader is bulkier than its predecessor.
Some reported that their fobs weren’t reading as quickly as before, and after looking into this issue with the manufacturer, we learned a couple of things.
First, the reader picks up on the regular fobs quickly — no issues with the round or oval fobs.
However, the garage remotes are explicitly modified by the manufacturer for Park Laurel to include a fob inside. It isn’t a standard-issue product and therefore doesn’t operate on the same frequency as the regular fobs. If you are using a garage remote in the service elevator, you will need to hold it up to the center of the reader. The outside edges/corners of the reader will not pick up the garage remotes. After learning this, we tried it and it worked just fine.