Posted By rfigley on January 2, 2020
Happy New Year to you! A few fun facts about Park Laurel in 2019;
- In 2019, we processed 10,500 packages. Of those, Miguel handled just over 7,000 packages. Great job, Miguel!
- We made 309 reservations. Of those, 154 reservations were for the much-used Prado Room.
- We received 456 new requests/instructions for the Front Desk by residents.
- We checked-out 3,680 keys, which were also checked back in since our KeyLink system was installed on April 8th.
- Our electrical consumption decreased between 2018 and 2019 by 12.21%. Since 2015, our annual electrical use decreased by 22%. This is thanks to lighting retrofits and our energy management system that was installed a couple of years ago. Simply put, each unit saves about $23 per month/$276 per year in HOA dues thanks to these efforts.
A few other updates;
Next week, we need to replace the sealant that is around the driveway pad. To accomplish this, we will need to close the entry and exit pads during the following times;
Garage Entrance – Closed Tuesday, January 7th through Wednesday, January 8th.
Garage Exit – Closed Thursday, January 9th through Friday, January 10th.
During this time, two-way traffic will be in effect on the alternate ramp. As a reminder, the vehicle driving-in/down the ramp has the right away. If you are driving up the ramp while someone is driving down, please backup down the ramp and allow the other vehicle to drive-in.
Window Seal Repairs
There are a number of window seals around the community that are being replaced on January 13th, 14th, and 15th in the 02, 03, 05 & 06 stacks. During this time, you may wish to keep your drapes closed for privacy reasons.
Additionally, if you live in the 06 stack, please keep your windows closed on these three days as we will be conducting water tests at the top of your stack.
Upon completion of our window seal repairs, we will move right into window washing. We will start with the South Tower from January 16th through January 31st. We will then move over to the North Tower in the first week of February.
Leak Detection System
The leak detection system that was approved by the community has been ordered. The parts are being manufactured, and once they are received, we will be installing them. In order to do this, we will need to turn off the water on your floors. A schedule will be sent out once we have confirmed dates, but we are looking at doing this during the early part of February.
Board Meeting Dates
This year, the Board will be meeting in Open Session on the following dates;
January 16th at 5:30 pm
March 19th at 5:30 pm
June 18th at 5:30 pm
October 15th at 5:30 pm
In addition, the Association’s Annual Meeting of the Membership will be held on Thursday, November 19th, at 5:30 pm.
An agenda will be emailed to the ownership a few days prior to each meeting, and a summary of the meeting will be sent shortly thereafter.
2020 Association Dues
As a reminder, your Association dues have changed effective January 1st.
If you are on automatic withdraw from Action Property Management, you do not need to do anything as we will automatically withdraw the new amount.
If you have your HOA dues paid automatically by your bank’s bill pay system, then you will need to login and update the payment amount.